IDG Capital is a leading investment firm, focused on developing extraordinary companies through our expertise in private equity and venture capital, as well as real estate.
Founded in 1992, we were the first firm to bring foreign venture capital into China. Today we work with private equity and venture capital fund managers, investment advisors and business entities from around the world. Our limited partners include many internationally reputable investors, including governments/sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, institutional investors, major charities, university endowments, family offices and business luminaries.
IDG Capital brings a powerful combination of global perspective and local experience to investment management. As long-term value investors, we are highly skilled at mobilizing global resources to address local needs, especially for Inbound and outbound opportunities in China and the rest of Asia. Our highly skilled team has an in-depth understanding of the Chinese market and enjoys close relationships with many influential business leaders.
To help our portfolio companies achieve sustainable growth, we access a wide range of resources, including services in branding, marketing, channel development, overseas expansion, human resources, finance and management. Our extensive experience has taught us what entrepreneurial companies need at each stage of development, and we provide seed, venture, and growth-stage funding. Our expertise has helped us weather several market downturns and the global financial crisis -- we have achieved success even in periods of extreme market volatility.
Our global reach is sustained through our worldwide offices in New York, London, Beijing, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Hong Kong, Macau, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Seoul, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
Our History of Achievement
- IDG Capital Founded
- IDG Capital entered China. First USD Seed Fund raised
- Firm restructured to become the first VC partnership in China
- IDG Ventures Vietnam founded
- Initiated partnership with Accel Capital to jointly raise USD Venture Fund I
- USD Venture Fund II raised
- USD Capital Fund I raised
- RMB Capital Fund I raised – one of the first asset managers to manage funds for the China Social Security Fund (SSF).
- USD Venture Fund III and USD Capital Fund II raised
- USD Venture Fund IV raised
- USD Capital Fund III raised
- First RMB Venture Fund and First M&A Fund raised
- RMB Capital Fund II raised
- USD Venture Fund V raised
- Led acquisition of global IDG venture business and expanded footprint to 13 offices worldwide including Vietnam